Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Garage Door Opener Ordered

Just ordered the Chamberlain WD962KEV Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener with MyQ Technology and Battery Backup from Amazon.



This unit has all of the bells and whistles expected of a modern garage door opener. Battery backup, Wi-Fi capability (accessory required!), and its quiet (very quiet!).

To enable the WiFi functionality (they call it MyQ) you either need to purchase their Chamberlain CIGBU MYQ Internet Gateway or any garage door opener network kits.

I won't be using the Chamberlain MyQ kit as I will be tying in the opener to my whole-house Z-Wave setup.  Details on that whole home setup are still coming, so stay tuned!

I'll share the installation process and my review after we get the unit up and running.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the wifi was built into the garage door opener and no other accessory was needed for that to work. at least that is what I read on their website. looking at getting same opener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh nm, I see there are ones that are myq enabled and ones that also have wifi built in. http://www.chamberlain.com/garage-door-openers/belt-drives/model-hd750wf

      let me know how it works with z-wave since I'll be looking to do the same thing.

      Delete
    2. After reading some reviews, many mention that the website is wrong in saying all parts for web portal are included for the MyQ setup. I will know soon enough.

      I'm using a Z-Wave contact switch so it would function with any garage door opener. I got this one for the quiet cycle and the battery backup.

      Delete