Friday, July 10, 2015

Locked

I'll be receiving my weekly update call from the PM late this afternoon.  I'll write something up on that when I'm able, but I am out of town this weekend for our annual guys' trip to Skirmish in Albrightstville, PA.  The 2015 Invasion of Normandy Paintball event.

We locked our interest rate yesterday.



I've been seeing 4.25 as a common trend and 4.375 has come up very often in the last two weeks as an option.  Yesterday's two rates were 4.125 with a buydown of .125 points and 4.25 with a credit back of .750 points. We took the 4.25 rate as it credits us quite a bit towards closing and after all of the calculations are done, the straight payback is 7 years before we would have benefited from the lower rate.  Adjusting for inflation over that time, plus the potential to invest that money, plus the benefit of having additional cash on hand for our appliance package (oh yeah, I need a post on that), window treatments, and new furniture...  It all adds up to the higher rate making way more sense from both a financial and personal happiness perspective.

Otherwise, not much to update on.  I'll hear more later today and I will be in the house on Tuesday July 14th to do trim work for the A/V items I installed.  That visit will certainly allow for pictures and quite a few updates.

-wmc

No comments:

Post a Comment