Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Verizon FiOS Moving Advice

Just a quick note to all of my fellow FiOS users!

If you are moving from an address with FiOS to a new address that is FiOS accessible, the process is a bit interesting.  I began with an internet search and I didn't find much help.  The transfer of service to the new address didn't seem to be available.

http://www.verizon.com/home/shop/moving.htm

That website seemed to be a logical starting point... Until I realized that it wouldn't allow me to keep our existing contract.  We would be required to end that contract (fee waived) and sign up for a new plan at the new property.  I wasn't cool with this.  We have special pricing from a holiday promotion that we would lose while doing this...

So, I made some calls.  I spoke with a friend who works in FiOS support and he spoke with some customer service people.  The end result was that there is a way to bring your existing service with you!

Call the customer service line. 888-781-5510 - go through the series of prompts.  I believe 2 for service, 4 for "other" and 1 for moving.  You'll verify your account and eventually be connected with a rep.

The key now is to mention that you want to bring your existing service with you.  Mention that you've done your research, you don't want to change your service package, and you need a "To and From" move order.  That phrase is the key.

The rep spent some time looking into if it was an option for our change and confirmed that it was.  He waived the $89.99 install fee but we are still paying the $69.99 activation fee for the new address.  Keeping the discounts well outweighed that cost, so I'm fine with that.

Our disconnection at the current house is set for the morning after closing (Wednesday at 8am) and they'll be driving over to the new house to install that day as well.  Perfect!



No comments:

Post a Comment