Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Framing Mishaps

Two issues came up on 06-06-2015 when I was in the house to install boxes/brackets for the low voltage wiring.

First:
Attic access to lower level

This was missed in the initial framing.  With the Sitting Area upgrade the door to the lower attic (over the Study and the Great Room) is in the master closet near the center of the house.
Best picture I had to show where the missing access should be.  Sitting area to the left, closet to the right.
I brought this to the attention of my PM when we were onsite together. He checked the plans and confirmed that the access should be there - and that the framers would have to put it in next time they were onsite.

As of my time in there on 6/13 the fix had been put into place. Insulation was done on 6/16, but more on that in another post.



Second:
Master bedroom door location

I didn't initially notice this.  We were considering the location of some of the switches and realized that the door wasn't in the right place!  I mentioned it to the PM and he said he would look into it.  Eventually he called and said they would be moving it very close to the location on the plan, but it would be a few inches away from that due to the cold air return location in the mechanical chase.

Red line is where door was initially installed, but should not have been. Green line represents where doorway should have been.
I will update with a picture of where the door has been moved to, but it has been satisfactorily corrected.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment