Thursday, June 4, 2015

Kitchen Counter Changes

So, the PM called today to let me know that there are two changes to be made in the kitchen.

First, the island is too deep (47").  This is beyond the maximum of 42" for the beveled edge offered with the Formica 180fx upgrade.  So, the island needs to have a squared off edge.  While I think we would have preferred the better edge, this is fine as within the first number of years we plan to upgrade to quartz.

Second, our color was discontinued by the manufacturer.  We had originally selected the Travertine Silver.  We went back into the selections center today and picked out Crema Mascarello as the replacement color.

Crema Mascarello (New Color)
Travertine Silver (Old Color)














I have asked to use this coming weekend to install the low voltage brackets throughout the house and also to install the ceiling brackets for the speakers.

The roofers have not begun yet, the hope is that they start tomorrow but there has not been a confirmation yet.  Mechanical items are on hold until the roof is on.  The electricians continue to rough in their items.

Unfortunately that is all there is to update at this point.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what the delay on roofing is. Most houses I've seen built, including our own, have it done the very next day after the sheathing goes up on the roof. I do like the coloring of your countertop. Both choices are quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!

      From what I have heard, the roofer who works in our development is a one-man operation. My guess is that the weather (which started the day after framing was complete) put him behind by about 4 days. I hope that he is either there today or will arrive tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Sorry that you've had to deal with changes ... I think that the counters you've picked are the same ones that we have (I'm not at home to check my notes). From all the pictures of our house, it looks really great with the cabinets and I'd be happy to snap some more pictures of it when we get out there.

    ReplyDelete