Thursday, June 25, 2015

Update Call

PM called this afternoon to let me know that he is taking tomorrow off.  He joked that things are so busy he may end up working anyway, but that he wanted to call today to make sure we caught up.

Drywall guys are working on second coat of mud.  He expects them to be sanding early next week and that painters will be in to prime next week.

Siding guys were delayed due to equipment issues on their end.  He expects them to be finishing up next week (no progress since last Friday from them).

Various cabinets and fixtures were delivered to the house and are awaiting installation.

Hard surface flooring should start late next week.

I should be in the house for trim work in 2-3 weeks time.

We are still on schedule for the dates previously discussed.

-----

I also received an email with current rates from NVR today.  We haven't locked yet and she was letting me know that we are inside the 30-business day window.  I have hesitated as I was really hoping to get back below 4%, but it is looking more and more like 4.125% will be the best we are going to get (and have to pay a buy down to get that, to boot).  This is unfortunate as it will ultimately equate to about $100 extra per month versus the initial paperwork we did back in March at 3.75%

We did decide to the up-front PMI option and the appraisal was delayed because of that paperwork. They accepted those docs on 6/22 so the appraisal would again have been scheduled.  The LO told me that they will email over the appraisal soon after they receive it.

I'm a bit disappointed with the mortgage rates, but I do understand that we are still in a time of historically low rates.  We have been sub-4% for so long that I didn't really anticipate a growth in rates like this, but it won't have a big effect on us outside of the increased payment.

3 comments:

  1. We are just getting started in our new home build so we are no where near locking in our rate. But I was wondering, if you lock in and then the rates drop can you re-lock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. That's why I have been waiting.

      Once you decide, that's it. Rough stuff if it drops again later.

      Delete
  2. Still havent locked myself, heres to hoping the jobs report isnt all that solid tomorrow if not looks not so good for us...

    ReplyDelete